1) PUDDING MILL
Pudding Mill Lane got its name from the small tributary of the River Lea which ran next to it and was shaped like a pudding bowl. At its junction with Marshgate Lane stood an ancient mill called Fotes Mill, and later St Thomas's Mill or Pudding Mill. This was used to grind grain for bread, gin, and later as a fulling mill in the production of fabric. It was demolished in 1934 when the Pudding Mill’s junction with St Thomas’ Creek was blocked off as part of flood prevention works.
Click here for map